Sunday, March 30, 2008

Busy Weekend!

We had such a busy weekend! I know weekends are for resting but resting we did not! Yesterday, Ruby got her first class, baby and me swim lessons. Oh it was so fun! I took this class with Ava and was very social. I was so lonely I really tried to make friends. This time it was so different. There were so many cute babies and nice parents but this time, I had no interest in them, just Ruby! Ruby and I rarely get time alone in the normal waking hours. She and I had so much fun together. She did so well and I was gushing with happiness from having her all to myself. I felt like the class was on one end and Ruby and I were dancing along on the other end. This time, I just did more of our own thing. I find actual lessons at this age silly. I think its more about the experience and exposure then actually thinking they are going to learn to swim.
Then, we came home. I put her down for her nap, rushed into the shower and met Ava (she was at her music class) at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion for Swan Lake. That was fun and beautiful. Ava was so into it. She kept telling me that one day she is going to dance like that because she will practice a lot. She was so calm and sat their wide eyed at the beautiful dancing and costumes. The piece was so long, we did leave early. I for one didn't need her to watch the double suicide and the other is, around the middle of the second act she was getting squirmy and bored. I kept asking her if she wanted to leave and she did not but when she started belting out Creep from Radiohead, I knew we had to go. The ballet was beautiful but there were some ugly viewers. We were stuck near two crazy ladies that paid their money to look around and shush people instead of watch ballet. That, I could deal with out!
Next, I raced home put on my yoga pants and went pole dancing! That was a super fun, hard workout! We learned two pole tricks, how to crawl, walk and move around in ultra sexy ways and a routine. I will be posting this up very soon, yeah right! :) I really liked this workout!
Now today, Sunday, I am sore!! I think I am going to sign up. I really liked it and it was fun! So we raced to the grandparents to get the girls, then off to a birthday party at the park that was amazing! petting zoo, magic show, balloon artist, huge pizzas and cupcakes at a gorgeous park. cheers to carmen and jj!!
Then we came home tried to clean up and do yard work.......then off to the garden school GM. Jesus this was a busy weekend and I know we are going to pay for it during the week but it was fun!! I got alone time with Ruby, then Ava, then myself! Amen!!! I've been sad, grumpy, stressed, and frustrated for too long now and now I feel really good. Oh and we did our taxes and got a nice return, yay!!!!!!! Happy Monday!

No comments: