Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Move Over Barbie




So you all know, I love dolls! And having girls has really pushed me back into that world. When I was younger, I wasn't that into Barbie. She lacked a certain luster for me. I found her a bit boring. I did however like a few of the barbie knock offs that had scented hair and my did Iooooove barbies shoes and hat boxes!! A few years ago before kids, I discovered this doll called Blythe (doll in paris picture) Im sure you've all seen her post card book or fashion books. They were sold at indie book stores, art stores and urban outfitters. I searched and tried to get one but they were selling for thousands of dollars. During my search I found a Blythe ispired doll called Pullip (the kimono dolls) I also discovered the huge following these dolls have. They have several clothing designers and loads of websites and they really increase in value. I ordered a few, a few years ago and they have tripled in value. The other day I bought a magazine called Haute Doll (creepy I know but their was a Pullip on the cover) and I flipped through it and found this crazy gorgeous doll called Zombuki (the face painted pullips) They are the body of the Pullip and an artist made some of them zombies (the glazed over eyes that i could personally do without) and painted their hair and faces wild colors. I looooove these dolls! I searched every where for them and couldn't find them anywhere but of course on Etsy. Of course crafters and artist would find ways to bring these gorgeous dolls to the Etsy empire. However, the dolls cannot be purchase yet. They are only auctioned off at the moment!! Auctioned! They must go for so much money! Etsy however, has stickers and pictures of them. I went to the designers website www.zombuki.com and sent her an email. Lucky me, I'm on the list to own one when they are released to us simple folk. Yay!!!! By the way Blythe fans, by popular demand, they have made more Blythe dolls to be released in 2008!! Oh and FYI that doll magazine, aside from the pullip/zombuki section, it was just as freak show creepy as you would imagine.

No comments: