Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yummies vs Sprinkles



My sister and my family went out to lunch with our friend Ana on Saturday. When we were leaving for the hospital Ana said something like "oh I forgot my cupcake itinerary". I hear the word cupcake, my head spins and I say your cupcake what?!? She tells me that her husband has to work, and that she is going to spend her saturday checking out all the cupcakerys in southern california. My eyes lit up, I thought......what the hell....I want to do that. Hot damn! Is this what people with no kids do on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon?!? So of course I had to lay in my curiosity. I told her to report back to me on the parking situation, the staff (look and friendliness), are they kid friendly and of course, how did the cupcake taste!?!
Ana has all ready been to Dots and Auntie Em's. She said Le Cupcake was closed. She spent six hours on her journey and I must say she is an A+ reporter. She told me she was going to bring us cupcakes that night. I thought it was a nice gesture but didn't really think it would happen.
Saturday night, around ten. After we had all drowned our sorrows in Barro's Pizza and almond m&m's. Ana shows up, with all these cupcakes! She also brought me menus, she took pictures and bought me an individual cupcake holder. I know right.....where the hell did this Angel come from??
Our weekend was extremely awful and because of Ana, we had cupcakes to cry to. By far......Yummies is way yummier than sprinkles. I have to say there signature button on top of the cupcake is cute but Yummies tastes way better!! But there is a consensus, theirs no cupcake better than Auntie Em's red velvet.
Ok seriously there is more. Ana is Lisa's old co-worker/room mate. She and my sister are very close and very good to each other. Let me just say this.....Ana also did a M.A.C. and Philosophy run for us. Ana's the shit! We love you Mama Cakes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Christ! My mouth is watering!!