Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I voted!!!

Its a big day today. Im so nervous! I went to our new polling place and I wasn't on the list! We had to look it up last night because we never got our papers. That wasn't a sign to us because we have a serious mail problem on our hill. So I get there, Im feeling emotional about the whole thing. Im parking and thinking about how I never thought I would get to vote (i know its early) for a woman president in my life time. I remember being told this as a small child that I wouldn't. I remember how crushed I was because back then at seven I thought......I'd be a pretty good president. ;) So, I walk inside and my name isn't on the list! I feel myself panic then he said lets check the just moved list. I wasn't on there either. At this point, I was ready to cry. He said that sometimes they don't get our registrations. I thought.....what do you mean, I did it at the post office!?! I told him I was going to drive to my old polling place to get my vote in. I mean what if Hillary lost because of my one vote? I couldn't deal with that. Luckily he was able to give me a ballot and I didn't cry. :)
I cross my fingers and heart for a Democrat. Please let is be Hilary and if not Obama. Please!!

No comments: