Thursday, May 1, 2008

Killing Me Softly


A learned to solder two years ago. One of the teachers assistants was this grumpy Japanese lady, Hiro. She was nice but 90% of the time, she wanted no one to speak to her. She really only "volunteered" to have access to the amazing studio at PCC. I always kept my distance from her. Hiro, she would make the most adorble fused glass jewelry. Everything she made was food. She made these fried eggs that won me over, close tie with the sprinkle animal cookies but the eggs, priceless! That christmas, I gave fried eggs to every friend that I thought could really appreciate it, one and to myself. I love the shit out of my fried egg. I wear it on my favorite jacket. I always get stopped for a compliment or a small chuckle. My love of the "false" fried egg grew with time. I have since purchased Ruby a red tee with a silk screened fried egg. I've bought my own fried egg charms (really good ones). I've made a little fried egg pillow for the girls to cuddle. I also bought vintage pan fried eggs and now I have found this......
This man is a genius! 14kt gold, etching in the back, a fried egg and BACON?!? Come on man.........YOU ROCK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is super cute!! Fried eggs, who knew!! Did you see that little bacon and eggs tote at Target? Sooo cute!