Monday, October 29, 2007

Hollywood Forever


Halloween and Day of The Dead have always been my favorite holidays. I have friends that are huge Christmas fans. I have fun on Christmas but I could honestly take it or leave it. Halloween and Day of the Dead are filled with so much color and creativity. Dia de los Muertos is a big day for family and honoring those who have passed and Halloween is pure fun. El Dia de Los Muertos is a day to remember who we have lost and love with yummy colors and art work.
This year we took Ava for her first trip to the Cemetary. She was a little creeped out at the idea of visiting a place where dead people are but, she quickly recovered with excitement when she heard she was going to see alters. Alters are a big deal in our family. Last year she and I created a masterpiece!
Every time we go, I take my camera so I can remember my favorites and use them as inspiration or a pick me up. This year when I would look over certain images, I would notice these little "bubbles". At first, I thought my lense was dirty and began to clean it. The next photo, there they were again. Then I noticed that certain photos had much less "bubbles" and some had none at all. I became very curious about these said bubbles and pulled up my pictures from last year. Low and behold I found some of those similar "bubbles" found in those pictures too taken by a different camera.
Each year at our house, there have been clues that our family has made their journey home but to see this on camera was truely amazing. I would get thee to Hollywood Forever and see the power of life coming home.

1 comment:

~mona~ said...

What a wonderful post..... I truly believe that the spirits are still with us....