Saturday, October 6, 2007

Dad


My parents came over today. I was very tired and laying on the couch. My husband and father were in the same room talking about raising daughters. Even though I wanted to sleep, my ears couldn't resist. I heard my Dad tell my husband to "enjoy his girls this young because one day you will miss them so much. I know I miss my daughters." I was surprised to hear this. My dad doesn't talk much about his feelings and even though he was a nice dad, he wasn't very emotional with us as kids. I popped up and asked, you miss me? He smiled and said "yes, I have dreams about when you were young" and talked about his memories of me. I was so touched, I couldn't take the grin off my face. Breyne noticed and gave me the sweetest smile from across the room. My girls are lucky....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are a great writer!