Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yay for me!!!!!!


So as many of you know, I have been exercising regularly since January. Ashley and I were walking the rose bowl once a week and then I would walk with someone else or by myself two other times a week. This was fun and I felt better but I didn't see any weight coming off. So Ashley and I decided to try pole dancing. It was fun, lots of fun...........it got Ashley pregnant!! After completing level 1 and I lost my partner due to pregnancy, I kept going. I am now in the middle of level three and we are preparing to go upside down on the pole, yes I am scared!
The classes are getting harder and harder and even though I go two to three times a week. I felt like I could really use the practice at home. This shit is hard!! I bought a pole. The plan was to put it in our playroom, where all the mirrors are. The pole is held up from the pressure that is applied from the floor to the ceiling, our play room ceiling was too soft and Breyne couldn't get it to tighten correctly, so we moved it into our room. Yes, we have a pole in our room!! Pretty Pamela Anderson of us, right? I felt a bit shy and kinda scandalous about it but I reminded myself that Sheila Kelly has one in her room and she's not trashy. Besides, doesn't every one get a little down and dirty in their bedroom anyway?
So today, the pole went up and I gotta a good work out. When I was done, I thought I would do a measurement check. (We threw the scale away, best advice I ever got!) Since May 11, I have over all LOST 13.25" OFF of my body!!!!! I am so HAPPY!!
On a sad note, today I also had to say good bye to my very dear friend, Ashley. She and her family are moving up north to fulfill their dreams. I am going to miss you sister!!! XOXO

4 comments:

~mona~ said...

Yea Gracie! You're looking great! Sounds like it's great fun too.

Unknown said...

hooray!!! you rock man!

Deb DiSalvo said...

You go girl!!! That is the coolest thing ever!!! I heard that pole dancing is a great workout and it looks so fun. Now you have your own pole - FABULOUS!!!! Keep it up - I'm sure your hubby doesn't mind it either- LOL! Take care.
Cheers,
Deb

Gracie said...

Thanks everyone! :) I appreciate the support and yes Deb, Breyne is very much enjoying this new workout of mine. :)