Friday, January 1, 2010

What I Learned in 2009


2009 was a really hard year! I was very happy to say good bye to the year. I know our January is going to have some residue from 2009 but, I do know it is residue and 2010 is going to be brighter!

In 2009, I learned what loss really is. I lost my father mid June. I learned that each day I would go on with the peace he is no longer suffering but the heartache he is no longer with us. I learned that no matter how many self help books one may read, it doesn't mean they are actually taking in the changes needed. I learned that even though someone may not have reacted the way you hoped they would, doesn't mean they do not love you. I continued to learn what friendship really is and I learned what friendship is not. I learned how to crochet, knot jewelry and embroider several different stitches. I learned patients, I learned to love more. I learned about loss on many different levels. I learned what extreme levels of stress are. I learned what I don't like and what I don't want to be. I learned to be humble. I learned to appreciate each moment more. I learned to chant for my inner strength. I learned a lot about sadness. I learned a lot in 2009. Im looking forward to healing more and growing more in 2010. Im looking for change. Im looking for hope. Im looking forward to the new year!!

No comments: