Monday, October 20, 2008

So Ava.......




The other day Ava came home with an award, The Citizen of the Month award. I opened her folder and there it was with her name, her principals signature as well as her teachers. The next day the teacher told me she got to select one person for this award and Ava got to accept it in front of the whole school and they took her picture for the hallway. Breyne and I gush over her and laugh and think..........leave it to Ava, the girl who has loved rules since the day she entered the world. We just got her school photo, she is poised, confident and sits high with a big grin on her face like..............."Ava Miller Future President of America" I wonder what her catch phrase will be?? Needless to say, she is doing awesome, learning so much spanish, has made so many new friends and has yet to drop one tear at the idea of being at school. In fact, she loves it!!
Ruby and I are enjoying our time together and little Ruby Lu is really a fun toddler. We take lots of trips to Amy's playground, I can sit and knit. Swork, I can have coffee and sit and knit and the park where I get to enjoy this little twenty pound fearless girl, slide down the steepest of slides.
It's October, my favorite month of the year. My favorite holidays are approaching. We were said to be the power puff girls and Breyne the professor but as it turns out, our intellect wants to be Lucy from Narnia and Ruby will be a candy corn. I have the house decorated and it looks fantastic. I have yet to build my altar, which is sad because I have the perfect space. It was a hard year, filled with loss and I think the loss has held me back from letting loose. I think I maybe taking a year of mourning the pain is still too fresh to embrace there death. I don't know, maybe it will be healing and it needs to happen but its been a thick year loss. We lost family and a friend and our dear cat Mama. I can't think of adding them to our family alter yet, it feels too sad. We will see. However, we all can't wait for Hollywood Forever, please........come with us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congratulations ava!! what a superstar! and that is the cutest picture of her ever--citizen of the month and fashion icon!!

Gracie said...

aww thanks, that is a good outfit. :)

~mona~ said...

Hi Gracie! I am totally not surprised that Ava is loving her new school!

My Gracie is going to be here *tomorrow* and I'm so excited. She's visiting for a week. We do plan to go to Hollywood Forever. Want to get together?

Love, Mona