Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More really deep thoughts by Ava Miller


Its dinner time, we are eating breaded chicken, broccoli with scallions and rice. Ava looks up at Breyne and I with a piece of chicken on her fork. "Why do animals have to die just so we can eat dinner? I want chickens alive and fish swimming in the ocean. I don't want to eat them anymore ( she's fighting back crying now) I only want you to make me tofu for meat." We explained to her that as long as she's young she's going to eat meat from time to time because we do but we will definitely give her more tofu when we can. She wasn't fully pleased but her mind was eased a bit and she refused to eat anymore chicken that night.
Ava Miller, Environmentalist/Philanthropist/Animal Rights Activist.............

2 comments:

Deb DiSalvo said...

Wow...you go Ava! She is going to be quite the activist! It amazes me the things that kids say. Carson starts kindergarten tomorrow - yikes! I still can't believe it. I hope I don't break down when he steps on that bus. BTW- love the previous post of the painting - that is so cool!
Hope all is well.
Cheers,
Deb

Unknown said...

she's so awesome and she's not even five yet! i'm glad that she still has time for disco dancing though ;)